Salary/Rate£22,000- £24,000 + Pension
Commutable from Barton, Beverley, Bridlington, Cottingham , Driffield, Grimsby, Hedon , Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Leven, Preston, Scunthorpe, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
- £22,000- £24,000 + Pension
- Chance to join a rapidly expanding business
- This role is a fantastic opportunity to move into your first leadership role
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
My client is a leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a Specifications Writer. The company have several sites across the UK and supply to the major supermarkets.
You must have the following:
- Must have good IT skills
- Ideally have knowledge of retailer specifications systems
- Must have excellent numerical skills along with computer skills
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must have experience of food labelling
- Must have food experience
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills and the confidence to be able to speak to customers and go through their specifications
- The postholder will be responsible for all specifications (external and internal) ensuring that they comply with all quality, legal and safety standards as well as all customer policies and codes of practice.
- To write external specifications for all customers - have a general understanding of site processes and procedures so that the specifications are legally compliant, adhere to customer policies and are accurately completed as required, ensuring that information provided is up to date.
- Liaise with NPD, Process, Production, Site Technical and Group Technical Services to ensure all required information is ready, correct and approved for external specifications prior to submitting customer specifications and challenged as required.
- Reviewing external specifications to ensure they match current artwork and any other changes are captured, including customer policy amends
- Respond to any customer queries relating to the specification and amends as necessary.
- Writing PSA (HARA), TSA and QCP documents for some of the major supermarkets and their 3rd party suppliers.
- Liaising with the process team to write, review and maintain the customer QAS systems to ensure they reflect customer specifications and product.
- Approving retail pack copies and ensuring NPD approve retail pack copies prior to artwork stages.
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining the internal specification systems to ensure they reflect customer specifications and factory processes and customer policy amends
- Liaise with NPD, Process, Production, Site Technical and Group Technical Services to ensure all required information is ready, correct and approved for internal specifications prior to product launch and challenged as required
- Reviewing group technical issued raw material lists to ensure they include all current and upcoming ingredients - reviewing raw material specifications prior to customer launches and ensuring they are signed off by group technical.
- Responding to customer alerts on all retailer systems.
- Co-ordinate the approval of all site Artwork ensuring the correct team members approve the relevant information in a timely manner and completing the relevant paperwork.
- Reviewing incoming artwork against approved pack copy and relevant labelling legislation and customer policies and codes of practice.
- Ensure that you have a clear understanding of current legislation with regards to food labelling and are aware of future changes to legislation - ensuring that all artwork and food labelling material is legally compliant and meets customer requirements.
- Reviewing incoming printed packaging as and when required.
- Have a general understanding of site processes and procedures so that customer questionnaires are accurately completed as required.
- Supporting the Technical team with customer visits / site audits and traceability exercises
RoS International Ltd is a well established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.