Salary/Rate£28,000 + Pension + Share Saver Scheme after 12 months
Commutable from Beverley, Bridlington, Cottingham , Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Leven, Preston, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
£28,000 + Pension + Share Saver Scheme after 12 months
- Chance to join a rapidly expanding business
- This role is a fantastic opportunity to move into your first leadership role
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
My client is a leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a Specifications Technologist. The company have several sites across the UK and supply to the major supermarkets.
You must have the following:
- Must have good IT skills
- Must have knowledge of retailer specifications systems
- Must have excellent numerical skills along with computer skills
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ideally have a background in Food Science, please note my client would look at candidates fresh from university who want to develop their career and understand all aspects of technical management.
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills and the confidence to be able to speak to customers and go through their specifications
- Writing specifications for all retail customers ensuring that information provided is up to date.
- Liaison with NPD to ensure all information for retail specification is correct and challenged as required.
- Reviewing retail specifications to ensure they match current artwork and any other changes are captured
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining the internal specification systems to ensure they reflect customer specifications.
- Writing HARA, TSA and greenlight documents for Sainsbury’s
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining the customer QAS systems to ensure they reflect customer specifications.
- Writing and reviewing primal customer (including export) specifications ensuring that they are up to date at all times.
- Ensuring all specifications are in place, signed and up-to-date for Asda, Sainsbury’s, Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Booker (master and internal specifications) as well as primal and export specifications.
- Approving retail pack copies prior to artwork stages.
- Reviewing group technical issued approved list to ensure they include all current and upcoming ingredients.
- Reviewing raw material specifications prior to customer launches and ensuring they are signed off by group technical.
- Responding to customer alerts on all retailer systems.
- Reviewing artwork as and when required.
- Completion of customer questionnaires when required.
- Supporting the Technical team with customer visits / site audits.
RoS International Ltd is a well established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.