Salary/RateDOE + Pension + 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
£30,000 - £45,000 DOE + Pension + 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
Commutable from Brough, Castleford, Doncaster, Goole, Grimsby, Howden, Hull, Pocklington, Selby, Scunthorpe, Thorne, Wakefield, York
A modern thinking company working within the Building and Construction sector. My client have a growing order book and ambitious plans for the future. They work with some of the biggest firms in the construction sector and have an excellent reputation within the sector.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Must have previous experience of working as a QS within a Construction environment
- Must have commercial acumen
- Can work to tight deadlines
- Is organised and pays good attention to detail.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills
- Has good communication ski
- Thorough knowledge of forms of contracts used within the construction sector
Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager, the suitable candidate will have a broad range of commercial skills including estimating experience.
• Produce estimates/ quotations for s/c joinery packages ranging from £100k - £2.5m
• Assess tender documentation to ensure sufficient information has been provided to prepare a tender
• Take off quantities (if required)
• Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
• Prepare and issue material supply enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
• Produce tender documents for submission
• Submit tenders and follow up
• Post tender negotiations
POST CONTRACT (QS)
• Maintain contract documentation and advise on pre tender and post contract matters
• Preparation and issue of contractual letters to clients and / or sub-contractors
• Post contract liaison with clients
• Sub-contract negotiation and letting
• Preparation and submission of interim valuations
• Site measurement
• Manage and value variations
• Agreement of final accounts
• Management and of contract costs including payments to sub-contractors
• Preparation of monthly cost and value reconciliation reports
• Analysis and management of contractual matters and potential claims
To apply for the Assistant production manager’s role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4425SC by email to Simon : email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.