Salary/Rate£42,000 + Pension + Overtime - Mon-Fri Days based role - Chance to make a difference on site and improve the Engineering team - Working for a stable and secure employer
Commutable from Beverley, Brough, Doncaster, Driffield, Hedon, Holme on Spalding Moor, Howden, Goole, Market Weighton, Selby, South Cave, North Cave, Walkington.
Salary and Benefits – £42,000 + Pension + Overtime
- Mon-Fri Days based role
- Chance to make a difference on site and improve the Engineering team
- Working for a stable and secure employer
My client is a well-established firm that provides waste management and recycling to the retail and food market. The firm are based at their purpose-built site which has an AD plant, Bulk storage and recycling facilities.
You must have the following
- Must have previous experience of supervising or leading an engineering team.
- Must have served a recognised Engineering apprenticeship
- Must have worked in an Industrial Maintenance background
- Ideally be MULTI-SKILLED although either bias will be considered.
- Must be a good communicator and have the ability to lead, plan and manage a small team
- Ideally have past experience working in a process based environment with any work experience of ATEX being advantageous
- Must have a good understanding and experience of Health and Safety within the workplace and be able to do risk assessments and write method statements
- Must be prepared to work hands on when needed
- Must be able to plan and allocate the workload across the Engineering team and external contractors
Reporting to the operations manager this role will be leading and supervising a team of 6 Engineers. The role will be a mix of hands on and office based. As part of the role the company are looking to improve their PPM schedule across the site to reduce downtime and improve reliability.
- Supervisory work – Maintenance management system. Planning and prioritising jobs.
- General maintenance work – PPM system, equipment checks.
- Breakdown maintenance – Troubleshooting and fault finding. Replacing equipment.
- Familiarity with conveying equipment, process equipment (pumps, mixers, valves, instruments), ATEX rated equipment, DSEAR, Zoning requirements
- Boiler systems, lifting equipment, insurance inspections,
- Equipment renewals/replacements and making installations safe
- A key role in emergency preparedness (Fire, flood, electrical failure etc)
- Small installations and project work – specifying, sizing and ordering equipment, installing the equipment.
- Carry out routine health and safety inspections and record analysis and findings.
- Manage the maintenance workshop area, maintain spares and site equipment inventory
- Working with contractors, selecting contractors, managing contractors on site
- Participate in meetings, discussions and support other areas of Operations.
To apply for the Engineering Supervisor role , please send your CV to Simon Cutsforth along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4402SC by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.