Salary/Rate• Competitive Salary tbd • Annual leave & Company Pension Scheme • Mon – Fri days based
JOB TITLE: Quarry Manager
COMMUTABLE FROM: Wakefield, Leeds, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Goole, Doncaster, Pontefract, Dewsbury, Bradford, York, Rotherham.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary tbd
- Annual leave & Company Pension Scheme
- Mon – Fri days based
COMPANY INFORMATION: My client is a Waste management and Environmental Services company. Currently my client operates over 200 facilities nationwide and employs around 2500 people. Worldwide they have operations in 50 countries.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience in quarrying.
- The applicant must hold as a minimum NVQ 3 and be prepared to advance to NVQ 4 or present day equivalent qualification.
- Be a member of the Institute of Quarrying.
- Technical acknowledge/experience on mobile machines, and fixed production plants.
- Operate the Quarry in accordance with the Health and Safety document.
- Ensure management control and supervision of all activities on site.
- Report accidents to the Operations Manager and General Manager and investigate the circumstances.
- Ensure that daily inspection books are completed and defects reported. Liaise with Operations Manager and the Health and Safety Representative on Health and Safety issues at the workplace.
- Work in accordance with Environmental Management System and promote environmentally considerate work practices.
- Develop and promote good communications and professional relationships between all levels of staff and employees on site.
- Ensure that employee timesheets are recorded accurately and processed in a timely manner.
- Checking that the quarry's production levels are maintained safely to schedule. Balancing sales and output by liaising with sales and commercial teams.
- Altering the quarry's production system in accordance with the materials required.
- Experience with excel, word, outlook.
- Providing the Operations Manager with information and statistics on the quarry's performance.
- Maintaining up-to-date records and dealing with a range of paperwork.
- Ensuring that key Health and Safety legislation (Quarries Regulations 1999), implemented throughout the site.
- Keeping up to date with relevant legislation and industry developments.
- Maintain the inspection systems and checklists in accordance with the IMS system.
- Closely monitoring all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard.
- Undertaking regular site inspections and risk assessments in order to comply with all health and safety regulations and our IMS system.
- Examining the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained.
To apply for the Quarry Manager’s role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4901HI by email to Harry Iggleden : email@example.com
RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.