Mechanical Fitter / Welder
Salary/RateUp to £38k basic / Up to £40k basic
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Fitter / Welder
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Mechanical Fitter – Up to £38k basic & overtime (night shift and on-call allowance)
Welder – Up to £40k basic & overtime (night shift and on-call allowance)
Benefits to include 24 days holiday & stats, up to 10% employer pension contribution, Life Assurance & Critical Illness Cover
COMPANY INFORMATION: Our client is a global cleantech company operating in energy from waste (EfW) and renewable gas.
They have been building and maintaining plants for almost 90 years. Developing projects with their clients and then drawing upon their experience as a general engineering, procurement, and construction contractor to deliver on their behalf complex turnkey plants and system solutions for thermal and biological EfW recovery, gas upgrading and power to gas. They also offer comprehensive, expert, and reliable after-sales services for operators of existing plants. Quality is their greatest asset. Their unconditional endeavours to achieve this quality, together with our long experience and honest commitment, are what they pass on to clients.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- City and Guilds Level 3 Engineering
- Experienced in delivering mechanical services to a large industrial plant
- Experienced in performing work in accordance with HSEQ legal requirements
- Knowledge of relevant international and national technical standards
- Working in enclosed space certified
Specific knowledge required for roles:
- Pressure Parts: Simple Pressure Vessel Directive 2009/105/EC, 2014/29/EC; and Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC, 2014/68/EC
Machinery: Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC; ATEX 95 Equipment Directive 94/9EC, 2014/34/EC; and ATEX 137 Workplace Directive 1999/92/EC (to the extent applicable)
- Consults blueprints and sketches in order to execute jobs and tasks to specification
- Assesses equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of universal standards and specifications in order to meet comply with codes of practice or legal requirements.
- Develops working knowledge of methods used for fitting & welding a variety of materials and components
- Operates specialised machinery for fabrication and industrial welding or supervises robots that do the same
- Trims metal components using heat, fire, and electricity
- Takes apart and disposes of large metal objects like boilers, furnace grates, Feed Hoppers, Ash Extraction Systems and other structures
- Monitors work environment for hazards and maintains healthy ventilation levels to avoid particle or gas inhalation
- Demonstrates commitment to HSEQ. Actively encourages and leads others to implement and comply with project HSEQ requirements
- Ensures that all relevant HSEQ requirements are incorporated into area of responsibility and that, in consultation with site management and HSE team, HSE hazards are eliminated or mitigated to the extent practicable
- Ensures that risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) are reviewed with regards to HSE requirements, and that work is carried out in accordance with the RAMS
- Implements standardized methods in order to identify complex problems
- Supports pro-actively the service team to achieve objectives
- Ensures works within area of responsibility are executed in accordance with work procedures and instructions
- Prepares and works with Site supervisor and Service manager to follow-up deviations and claims
- Delivers Lessons Learned and feedback for current and future projects
- Keeps the Site Supervisor informed of all site related activities
To apply for the Mechanical Fitter / Welder role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref:105005846 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.
SECTOR: Power Generation