Value Stream Engineer/ Continuous Improvement Engineer/ Production Engineer/ Manufacturing Engineer
Salary/Rate£35 000 - £40 000 DOE
JOB TITLE: Value Stream Engineer/ Continuous Improvement Engineer/ Production Engineer/ Manufacturing Engineer
COMMUTABLE FROM: Doncaster, Wakefield, Sheffield, Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Leeds, Selby, Pontefract, Barnsley, Worksop, Gainsborough
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- £35 000 - £40 000 DOE
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing after 1 years’ service
- Share scheme allowance
- Life assurance and employee assistance
COMPANY INFORMATION: Our Client is a leading manufacturer in the Yorkshire area that currently have a large number of contracts in place with major retail brands.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Previous experience working in a labour-intensive environment and working with individuals
- Experience doing value stream mapping and production process improvement
- Lean Six Sigma qualification would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to demonstrate experience using methodology like CI, Lean techniques, 5s, DMAIC, Standardised Work and Visual Management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Previous experience conducting data analysis and quantifying the data.
Duties will include working with various stake holders in the business to implement Lean and CI techniques to improve manufacturing efficiencies, increase factory output and profitability. You will be required to work within very labour intensive environments working with people to develop their skill set and the production process.
- Conduct cycle time analysis, time studies, work balance / flow improvements, workplace analysis and improvement
- Collect, monitor, evaluate and report on production data - and subsequently utilise the data to plan CI Projects
- improve efficiency through analysis and planning of work flow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Lead and mentor the existing workforce, to create a continuous improvement ethos
- Help develop more efficient ways to utilise people, machinery, materials, information and energy to make a product or service
- Collaborate with the automation and wider operational team to implement new technologies into the value stream.
- Support the implementation and sustainability of the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) in the value stream.
- Ensure CI projects are tracking on time and within budget
- Track and report on progress of CI projects
- Ensure CI projects consider requirements for safe working conditions and compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Coach and mentor operational teams and low-level project leads
- Engage closely with all business functions to give consistent strategic oversight and bring together common objectives
- Help to foster the development of an embedded CI culture
To apply for the Value Stream Engineer’s role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 5141AC by email to Alistair Curran : firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.