Salary/Rate£35-45K + 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
JOB TITLE: Production Manager
COMMUTABLE FROM: Barnsley, Brigg, Castleford, Doncaster, Gainsborough, Goole, Rotherham, Pontefract, Scunthorpe, Selby, Sheffield, Wakefield, Worksop.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- An opportunity to work for an exciting company which is working in a growing industry.
COMPANY INFORMATION: My client is an offsite construction company which works across Residential and Commercial sectors. They are currently on the lookout for a Production Manager.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment at a senior level,
- Strong knowledge of offsite construction methods,
- Any qualifications within lean manufacturing would be beneficial, along with a health and safety qualification,
- Strong leadership skills.
- To maintain, manage and execute the production schedule of the factory, and demonstrate successful output via agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- To maintain, recruit and develop a production workforce with a skill base commensurate with the needs of our clients
- To maintain and be responsible for controlling and updating the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) with appropriate Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) that govern the factory activities
- To maintain all training records for the production workforce, and to use this to evaluate the current skillset and where individuals can be upskilled
- To manage the required training courses to upskill or to recertify (e.g. Fork truck Licence, First Aid Cert) the appropriate number of operatives within the production workforce
- To lead and manage principally the production team leaders, but to be responsible for all the production workforce
- To be a modular technical point of contact; interpreting drawings, providing assistance and explanations where required, and liaising between the production workforce and the design team to ensure that designs are successfully built in accordance with the drawings, and to ensure that designs are done in accordance with DFM/DFA (Design for Manufacture/Design for Assembly) best practice to optimise the factory output
- Manage the control of drawings issued for production, including removing superseded drawings and replacing with the latest revisions
- To provide feedback on suppliers (e.g. Delivery On Time and In Full (OTIF), Goods In Quality Inspection) to enable procurement teams to make informed choices when seeking best total cost from suppliers
- To maintain strong relationships with key suppliers, so that they understand our business and will work proactively to go above and beyond to help us meet our goals
- To be responsible for ensuring all accidents/near misses are investigated thoroughly, improvement actions identified, and necessary action taken to prevent a reoccurrence
- Work with colleagues to develop methods of improving efficiencies and outputs to strengthen the business
- Work with colleagues to ensure that the factory is a safe place to work, and that it follows all H&S practices
- Work with colleagues to ensure that quality standards and company policies are enforced, and standards are rigorously maintained via effective systems and processes
- Lead the improvement activities from the Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA) Log
- Analyse any data collected to formulate and implement any corrective actions required
- Develop safety, lifting and audit plans to ensure compliance to all standards
- Be responsible for organising and completing stock takes on an agreed basis
- Identify equipment/tools requirements
- Undertake audits, risk assessments, health & safety checks, process control, quality control to maintain an effective factory
To apply for the Production Manager role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4720HI by email to Harry Iggleden : firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.