Salary/RateCirca £25K Starting Salary – Initially a temporary post with potential to go permanent
Salary: Circa £25K Starting Salary – Initially a temporary post with potential to go permanent
Working hours: 35 hour week
- Approved Mechanical Qualification
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out planned and reactive mechanical maintenance across the whole campus through testing, fault finding and repair on a range of services, installations, associated plant, appliances and systems. Complete jobs safely, ensuring procedures are followed correctly, and that own work is completed on time and at all times work in compliance with company policies, current technical legislation and health and safety standards.
- As directed by the Supervisor, prioritise jobs in order of urgency. This involves drawing upon depth of knowledge, skills, experience and expertise to deal with the job in hand. Make decisions on the methods to be used and the sequence of actions.
- Undertake mechanical maintenance of services using a range of tools and techniques: this includes central heating systems, mains cold water, gas services, domestic hot water, low pressure cold water, steam, compressed air etc. The work is split between planned and reactive maintenance.
- As directed by the Supervisor, liaise with contractors who are working on University premises to ensure they are carrying out work in accordance with required timescales and University health and safety standards.
- Liaise with and maintain good relationships with key contacts in University departments to let them know about work being undertaken and keep them up to date with progress.
- Responsible for reporting stock levels of consumables to enable planned and reactive maintenance to be achieved
- Maintain personal tools, equipment and vehicles, taking responsibility for the safe keeping of these. Complete regular checks on vehicle/s to ensure it is in good condition.
- Provide a mechanical maintenance service to all
- Take responsibility for carrying out regular maintenance checks of vehicle.
- Responsible for test meters, tools and stock items etc.
- Complete all necessary details on job sheets using the Planon database.
- Work is received from the Mechanical Supervisor or from the Planon database. Jobs arrive with a response time indicated, according to pre-set Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), and the job holder is responsible for completing an initial investigate, if not eh whole job itself, within the required timescale.
- As directed by the Supervisor, prioritise a number of jobs according to importance, taking into account the indicated SLA.
- Assist Supervisors in planning for future work e.g. by reporting maintenance work that needs to be done.
- Decide how to tackle maintenance faults, taking into account SLA’s. The jobholder decides the best way of solving the fault: with particular consideration of health and safety, time to complete and costs.