Engineering Team Leader, Engineering Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Leader, Maintenance Team Leader
JOB TITLE: Engineering Team Leader, Engineering Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Leader, Maintenance Team Leader
COMMUTABLE FROM: Doncaster, Wakefield, Sheffield, Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Leeds, Selby, Pontefract, Barnsley, Worksop, Gainsborough
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- £46 500
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing after 1 years’ service
- Share scheme allowance
- Life assurance and employee assistance
COMPANY INFORMATION: Our Client is a leading manufacturer in the Yorkshire area that currently have a large number of contracts in place with major retail brands.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Previous experience as an Engineering Team Leader or can demonstrate good managerial skills
- HNC, HND, ONC, City and guilds in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing industry
- Ability to work both hands off and hands on
- Excellent health and safety knowledge
- Project Management/ budget management/ CMMS management experience essential
Duties will include working with your engineering shift team to ensure maximum availability of machinery on site also ensuring routine PPM’s are carried out. On shift you will be responsible for developing your team and how best to cover the site.
- First line management of the site Maintenance/Repair activities to assist in the delivery of the required site and departmental KPI`s.
- Prioritise teams’ workloads, and react to urgent business needs
- Identify skills gaps in the capabilities and competencies of the His/Her team to deliver improved performance.
- Develop and instil continuous improvement principles and methodologies, to implement new/improved operational practices in His/Her team.
- Liaise regularly with other internal/external departments to ensure the achievement of high levels of customer satisfaction and the effective management of customer expectations.
- To promote the Company and department in a professional and positive manner.
- Responsible for the safe operation of all plant and equipment on site, the safe working practices of the team, contractors and apprentices – at times, this role will be the most senior engineering person on site.
- Assist in PM schedule management and review, BD/reactive work order management, critical and non-critical spares management.
- Effective and timely communication in both verbal and written form, to include daily, weekly and monthly written reports.
- Deliver effective inhouse team management to include – Housekeeping, PPM records keeping (IFS), all required safety documentation completion (SISI/5S/SSW/PTW etc.), general shift paperwork, Effective shift handover documentation, involvement and leadership of team meetings, tool box talks and one point lesson delivery.
To apply for the Engineering Team Leader role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 5720AC by email to Alistair Curran : email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.