Salary/RateCirca £25K Starting Salary – Initially a temporary post
Salary: Circa £25K Starting Salary – Initially a temporary post
Working hours: 35 hour week
- 17th Edition
- Approved Electrical Qualification
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out planned and reactive electrical maintenance across the whole campus through testing, fault finding and repair on a range of services, installations, associated plant, appliances and systems. Complete jobs safely, ensuring procedures are followed correctly, and that own work is completed on time and at all times work in compliance with the University’s policies, current technical legislation and health and safety standards.
- As directed by the supervisor, prioritise jobs in order of urgency. This involves drawing upon depth of knowledge, skills, experience and expertise to deal with the job in hand. Make decisions on the methods to be used and the sequence of actions.
- Undertake electrical maintenance of services using a range of tools and techniques: this includes low voltage networks, fire alarm systems, emergency lighting systems, door entry systems, lighting, etc. The work is split between planned and reactive maintenance.
- As directed by the supervisor, liaise with contractors who are working on the premises to ensure they are carrying out work in accordance with required timescales and University Health and Safety standards.
- Liaise with and maintain good relationships with key contacts in departments to let them know about work being undertaken and keep them up to date with progress.
- Responsible for reporting stock levels of consumables to enable planned and reactive maintenance to be achieved.
- Maintain personal tools, equipment and vehicles, taking responsibility for the safe keeping of these. Complete regular checks on vehicles to ensure it is in good condition.