JOB TITLE: SHEQ Manager
COMMUTABLE FROM: Glasgow / East Glasgow
SALARY AND BENEFITS: £40,000
COMPANY INFORMATION: The client provides Independent Engineering Support Services within the Renewable Energy and Oil and Gas sector and nearly 10 years since their founding, the company continues to grow organically and sustainably through the provision of excellent customer partnerships and by offering a very robust service capability which allows them to traverse the various industries and sectors:
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
Minimum of NESBOSH Certification or similar
Environmental IOSH or above
5 years experience in SHEQ role(s)
Knowledge of ISO9001 / 14001 and OHSAS18001 and their application
Knowledge & experience of UK safety legislation and Environmental Permit and Waste regulations
Wind Industry experience advantageous
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Safety, Health, quality and environmental arrangements, across Head Office and operational sites.
Responsible for ensuring the sites SHEQ development and culture is in line with a continuous learning ethos, on-going compliance with key legislative and internal governance and development against identified SHEQ KPI’s.
· Provide leadership and engagement to embed a culture of continuous improvement with respect to SHEQ, acting as the site focus for compliance with relevant Safety, Health, Environment and Quality legislation and local instructions.
· Implement, develop and review the quality, health, safety, environmental and management arrangements, in line with ISO14001 and OHSAS18001, to ensure adherence with all site procedures and local instructions.
· Implement, develop and review the sites quality management arrangements, in line with ISO9001 with the above 14001/18001 to provide a robust quality system and an Integrated Management System (IMS).
· Embed the above systems into general use and ensure training and development of staff is provided in their use and general awareness.
· Responsible for monitoring the sites SHEQ performance, identifying and taking proactive measures to improve performance shortfalls.
· Identify, monitor and review the sites KPI’s for SHEQ performance
· Responsible for the sites SHEQ committee.
· Provide SHEQ guidance and support to the site teams as required, including assisting or leading with incident investigations to ensure root cause is identified and embed all learning within the unit(s).
· Responsible for ensuring detailed incident reports are produced for all quality, health, safety and environmental incidents.
· Ensure synergies and commonality with arrangements between all sites are maintained and developed.
· Review third party SHEQ competences, prior to engaging in the supply of services.
· Ownership, management and development of the sites incident management system.
· Responsible for the creation and management the sites SHEQ audit process.
· Liaise with Client and off-site legislative bodies and provide reports as required concerning key metrics such as safety statistics and environmental performance.
· Adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy and IMS System.
Travel shall be required to operational sites and some other occasional ad-hoc national and international travel will be required to fulfil the role.
To apply for the SHEQ Manager role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 53891TB by email to Terry Bubb: email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.