Technical Manager / Quality Manager
Salary/Rate£30,000 - £35,000 + Pension + Holiday. Monday – Friday days based.
JOB TITLE: Technical Manager / Quality Manager
COMMUTABLE FROM: Barton upon Humber, Castleford, Driffield, Eggborough, Hull, Goole, Scunthorpe, Selby, Stamford Bridge, York.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: £30,000 - £35,000 + Pension + Holiday. Monday – Friday days based.
COMPANY INFORMATION: My client is an FMCG manufacturer and they are on the lookout for an Engineering Manager. They supply to the UK’s leading retailers and hold various awards and accreditations.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Degree level qualification in Science / Food Technology OR equivalent experience within a food manufacturing setting.
- Experience working with UK retailers.
- Minimum Level 3 HACCP.
- Lead auditor experience.
- BRC experience.
Overseeing the Technical & Hygiene Department, its people, responsible for site food safety and quality, systems policies, procedures and equipment. Leading audits, complaints and generally being the onsite Food safety and quality guru.
- Principal responsibility for ensuring that the site’s technical and Hygiene systems meet (and exceed, where applicable) the requirements of each respective customer, as well as ensuring compliance with all legislative and industry guidelines and regulations.
- Managing key interactions with customers and outside agencies / suppliers – particularly with respect to the effective receipt, logging, investigation, reporting and trending of incoming customer complaints, defect reports and technical alerts or enquiries.
- Support and proactively drive continuous improvement initiatives within the department
- Auditing equipment on site for safety and food safety purposes.
- Ensuring struct adherence to food safety and hygiene standards are implemented, maintained and adhered to.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling all activities and staff within the Technical & Hygiene team to enable the business to achieve the right quality product at the right time in line with food quality and safety systems.
- Fulfil continuous improvement projects to reduce costs, improve efficiencies and streamline processes and procedures.
- Improve labour effectiveness of the Technical and Hygiene team.
- Maintaining the operational performance of all systems and procedures whilst ensuring a safe working environment.
- meeting business KPI's.
- Taking the lead for Technical & Hygiene sections in audits.
- Managing the Technical and Hygiene budget for site.
- Manage and motivate all team members and ensure they are supported and work in partnership to deliver Technical & Hygiene KPIs that contribute to business KPI's.
- Aid in the recruitment, retention and staff development processes to ensure the Technical & Hygiene team has the correct resources at all times.
- To prioritise and manage the Technical & Hygiene workload / activities for the site and delegate duties to subordinates for best efficiency.
- Ensure all equipment and systems are maintained with suitable and sufficient protection as defined by legislation for the Technical & Hygiene teams and their work locations.
- To detect and rectify any issues in a timely manner, which affects the performance / safety of plant or equipment.
- Champion industry best practices and promote the introduction of new technologies, where applicable.
- Ensure food safety legislation and guidelines as well as company policies are adhered to.
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to.
- Control and minimise waste and play an active part in continuous improvement.
- Ensure all completed work is safe and hygienic and complies with FSA and health and safety legislation.
- Ensure all work carried out complies with relevant health and safety standards,
- To have a duty of care to yourself and others.
- Ensure all necessary daily records and paperwork is completed in a timely manner as required by the company.
- Ensuring Suppliers comply with technical requirements.
- Ensure Customers' audit protocol is strictly adhered to throughout the site.
- Ensure specifications for customers are completed on time in line with their requirements.
- Implement, develop and maintain and improve an internal auditing system.
- Implement, develop, maintain and improve a GMP audit system.
- Conducting risk assessments, process flows where applicable.
- Maintenance and management of appropriately detailed GAP analyses supported by comprehensive remedial plans.
- Taking a leading role in the scheduling and practical management of successful 3rd party audits, as and when they occur.
- Being the lead for Food Safety, HACCP, TACCP and VACCP on site.
- Provide a regular touch point with the customer.
To apply for the Technical Manager role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref 4886HI: by email to Harry Iggleden : email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.