Salary/Rate£22,000 - £26,000 & paid overtime and a wealth of benefits
JOB TITLE: Buyer
COMMUTABLE FROM: Pickering, York, Thirsk, Scarborough
SALARY AND BENEFITS: £22,000 - £26,000 & paid overtime and a wealth of benefits
COMPANY INFORMATION: My client is a global oilfield products company serving the drilling, subsea and production sectors of the oil and natural gas industry.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING: Must have previous buying / purchasing experience. Engineering/Manufacturing or technical background preferred although not essential.
ROLE INFORMATION: The role will entail seeking best price and quality on all goods/services to the current standard.
- To ensure timely purchase order placement in line with planned demand.
- To manage ‘Designated Suppliers’ cost delivery and quality.
- To ensure timely receipt of items ordered.
- Obtain quotations ad-hoc as requested from internal customer’s record and return.
- Expediting un-received orders as required ensuring no late deliveries.
- Communicate effectively at any level within the business as circumstances dictate.
- Resolve any query invoices to aid the cash-flow of the business within the month of issue.
- Perform basic clerical duties within the department.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as requested by the department manager.
- Carry out job related tasks safely constantly operating to good working practices.
- All filing relevant to ‘Designated’ Suppliers’.
To apply for the Buyers role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4469AR by email to Alex Reece: email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.