HSE Manager / Health, Safety & Environmental Manager / HSE Advisor / Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Salary/Rate£35k - £45k DOE + Holiday and Pension
JOB TITLE: HSE Manager / Health, Safety & Environmental Manager / HSE Advisor / Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
BASED IN NORTH WEST LONDON
Barnet, Brentford, Borehamwood, Ealing, Edgware, Fulham, Greenford, Hatfield, Hayes, Hemel Hampstead, Harrow, Kensington, Kingston upon Thames, Shepherd’s Bush, Slough, Twickenham, Uxbridge, Watford, Wembley, Windsor.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- £35k - £45k DOE
- Holiday and Pension
- Health Care Scheme and Life Assurance Scheme
- Company Phone
My client is a Manufacturing firm with multiple sites across the UK, they supply some of the country’s major supermarkets and retailers. They are looking for a HSE manager for their site in the North West London area.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Must have NEBOSH General Certificate and working towards or would like to work towards NEBOSH Diploma.
- Experience working in a Health and Safety role within the FMCG industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work with people at all levels.
- Strong IT skills including confidence with Microsoft Office packages.
- NEBOSH Environmental or IEMA desirable.
- Must be flexible.
- Responsible to ensure that the H&S training needs of the site are understood, and staff have the relevant training required to carry the tasks they are undertaking safely.
- Ensuring effective engagement & participation with safety tours, committee meetings, risk assessment, accident investigations, hazard & near miss reporting, took box talks / safety focus. Ensuring all relevant safety inspections are undertaken and documented as required and any defects / issues are resolved in a timely manner. These include management safety inspections and line pre-start checks.
- Coaching and mentoring your team through periods of change, especially the introduction of new equipment / processes, or changes in layout. Responsible for monitoring & reviewing staff behaviours, challenging unsafe behaviours / practices and correcting them.
- Ensure effective communication to all direct reports on awareness of KPI’s; accidents, hazard & near misses.
- Responsible for accident investigations, to ensure these are completed to the required standard and in a timely manner, root cause is established, and any corrective actions assigned.
- Responsible to ensure compliance to company policies, procedures, site rules and information and instruction given by your employer.
- To work in an Environmental and Energy efficient manner and to respect and honour the sentiment of the client’s Environmental and Energy policies and Second Nature principles.
- Where there are any Environmental Permit conditions in place, to ensure that where you have direct influence on these areas, then these are adhered to within the required limits.
- To work in partnership with the Senior Management team on site to be part of the Culture of the site which drives Food Safety, H&S, Ethical, Environmental and Energy behaviours.
- Under the control of the Site Director, control and report on any discrepancies that may occur in relation to Health & Safety or training concerns.
- To implement and coordinate the sites ISO45001, ISO14001 & ISO50001 management systems to ensure continued certification.
- To work with site management and engineers to ensure that all machinery is safe to operate and if required ensure that appropriate action is taken to either rectify issue or remove from service until such works are completed.
- To review and revise all site risk assessments that are required to be re-assessed on an annual basis or following an accident or near miss.
- To bring to the attention of the Operations Manager any issues that may arise, that could have a serious effect on the business in relation to Health, Safety or Environmental matters.
To apply for the HSE Manager’s role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4821SC by email to Harry Iggleden : email@example.com
RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.