UK Safety Health Environment and Quality Manager
Salary/Rate£50 - £65k & 20% bonus, 25 days holiday, contributory pension & life & medical
JOB TITLE: UK Safety Health Environment and Quality Manager
COMMUTABLE FROM: London/Kent
SALARY AND BENEFITS: £50 - £65k & 20% bonus, 25 days holiday, contributory pension & life & medical
COMPANY INFORMATION: working for an industry leader in the safe and eco-friendly conversion of municipal solid waste and other renewable waste fuels into clean energy. My client operates a number of Energy from Waste Power stations in the UK with a portfolio that is set to grow.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
The jobholder will co-ordinate, direct and monitor UK facility SHEQ, SHE and Environmental Manager activities and assist and keep the Environmental, Health and Safety updated in identifying, developing and instituting programs and procedures to ensure legal and Company compliant, safety, health and environmentally correct operation of facilities within the UK..
To perform this job successfully, the jobholder must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Supervise and motivate the SHEQ, SHE and Environmental Manager at each facility in the UK.
- Develop maintain and review core job skills and competences within the UK.
- Stay informed of issues and governmental interactions that are occurring at the UK facilities affecting or potentially affecting SHEQ.
- Monitor and review industry sector for improved practices and incidents and review / report accordingly.
- Maintain compliance with Company internal policies and procedures to address loss prevention and control.
- Ensure adequate coverage, if needed, for SHEQ, SHE and Environmental Manager absences.
- Oversee the QMS / EMS / SMS systems and associated auditing process of UK facilities.
- Assist and advise UK facilities as needed to implement corporate, governmental, and local Safety, Health and Environmental policies, programs, systems and regulations to ensure uniform effectiveness across the UK and the Company and enforcement of policies and procedures to assure a safe and environmentally compliant workplace for all employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Assist and advise facilities in attaining/sustaining their applicable ISO certifications (9001, 14001, 45001).
- Direct incident investigations relating to injuries, illnesses, serious near misses, and environmental events (releases, spills, etc.), including leading investigations when requested, reviewing results, developing corrective actions/preventative measures, establishing and communicating results to other UK facilities and the Company to the extent the issues addressed are likely to be common to others.
- Oversee EPR permitting activities within the UK to ensure facility activities are properly managed with the aim of obtaining comprehensible, clear, concise, permits, including the permit application, agency review, issuance, and implementation phases.
- Oversee facility EPR permit compliance within the UK.
- Participate in Company / UK meetings, planning efforts, reporting, etc. to ensure SHEQ issues are considered.
To apply for the UK SHEQ Manager’s role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4506GC by email to Gigi: firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.