Salary/Rate£30k-£40k & 15% bonus, 25 days holiday, contributory pension & life & medical
JOB TITLE: Financial Accountant
COMMUTABLE FROM: London
SALARY AND BENEFITS: £30k-£40k & 15% bonus, 25 days holiday, contributory pension & life & medical
COMPANY INFORMATION: working for an industry leader in the safe and eco-friendly conversion of municipal solid waste and other renewable waste fuels into clean energy. My client operates a number of Energy from Waste Power stations in the UK with a portfolio that is set to grow.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING: The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
· Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA).
· Minimum of 1 year post qualified experience.
· Experience of working in the power generation industry will be an advantage.
Production of monthly management accounts for the two facilities, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and providing commentary on significant variances.
· Preparation of journal entries for entry in the General Ledger system on a monthly basis by collecting necessary data, analysing and allocating costs and preparing audit trail support for the journal entries.
· Analysing general ledger accounts for accuracy, analysing accruals accounts to ensure proper expensing and estimates.
· Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations with proper support and backup.
· Liaising with auditors in annual financial statements preparation, preparation of supporting schedules.
· Ensuring the appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
· Ensuring systems are in place to regularly review financial performance of the facility and that budget managers are supported to undertake budget monitoring within the financial control framework.
· Working with the Finance team to regularly identify any process changes that can be made for greater efficiencies. Carry out continuous improvement of processes and procedures and implement changes/improvements when required.
· Overseeing the debtor management process to ensure that debts are recovered on time in order to minimise bad debt.
· Maintaining the fixed asset register and calculate depreciation.
· Managing any Intercompany invoicing and transactions.
· Reviewing supplier payments and prepare payments run.
· Preparation of VAT reconciliations and returns for the two facilities.
· Managing and developing the reporting of KPI’s.
· Overseeing control of purchasing procedures.
· Attending and coordinating physical inventory observations, inventory and consumables accounting.
· Configuration and implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning System.
· Preparation of ad-hoc financial reports and analytical projects in a timely and accurate manner.
To apply for the Financial accountant role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4460GC by email to Gigi: firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise