Shift Team Leader
Salary/Rate£42,885 (inclusive of shift allowance) & bonus, healthcare, life assurance and pension.
JOB TITLE: Shift Team Leader
COMMUTABLE FROM: Lincolnshire
SALARY AND BENEFITS: £42,885 (inclusive of shift allowance) & bonus, healthcare, life assurance and pension.
COMPANY INFORMATION: My client is a leading Operator/Maintainer of Energy from Waste Power stations in the UK.
The Shift Team Leader works as a member of a small shift team, (at times alone), and is responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the Location’s plant in line with business need. Safe and efficient plant maintenance and improvement activities are also included within their remit.
Shifts consist of 12 hours working a combination of days and nights.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
ONC/D qualification in engineering or process discipline.
IOSH Managing Safely.
Time Served Apprenticeship
- Acting as the Control Person when on shift ensure safe, environmental & statutory compliant Location Plant operation and maintenance by monitoring, inspecting, recording and controlling plant parameters & providing appropriate first line maintenance.
- Operating the plant ensuring compliance with appropriate safety and environmental standards, and statutory requirements.
- Assist & respond effectively to operational demands achieving safe and efficient generation within prescribed limits to ensure the process is operated safely at all times.
- Identify operation outside prescribed limits ensuring corrective actions are taken. Where there are Process Safety impacts to immediately alert the Location’s Management Team & record appropriately.
- Identify and immediately report any accidents, incidents, near misses, observations or anomalies that have, or have the potential to affect the safety of the process or personnel.
- Identify and immediately report plant defects, observations and anomalies that have, or have the potential to affect the safety of the process or which are noted to be abnormal to usual operations
- Carry out plant routine duties ensuring plant commercial performance, availability and reliability are maintained to a high level.
- Application of safe systems of work, including Putting People to Work, Authorisation to Work, and Company Safety Rules. As appropriate, undertake assigned safety rules duties up to and including High Voltage Senior Authorised Person.
- Plant & control system first line maintenance, fault diagnosis, reporting and documentation completion in line with safety, business and statutory requirements.
- Assist Location Management and other designated Location personnel in the development and review of Location Documentation such as, but not limited to, Standard Operating procedures.
- Assist Location Management and other designated Location personnel in the completion of required operational reports and safety or environmental investigations.
- Assist Location Management and other designated Location personnel on projects and outage preparation.
- Positively present the role of Shift Team Leader and the Operations Department to the rest of the Location site, the wider business, its contractors and customers.
To apply for the Shift Team Leader role and for further information, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 5416GC by email to firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.
SECTOR: Power Generation