Quality and CI Engineer
Salary/Rate£32,500 - £37,500 + Bonus + Contributory Pension + Other Benefits
Location- Commutable from Beverley, Barton, Brough, Cottingham, Driffield, Hessle, Howden, Hull, Goole, Grimsby, Market Weighton, Scunthorpe, York.
Salary and Benefits
£32,500 - £37,500 + Bonus + Contributory Pension + Other Benefits
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the company.
- A chance to work for a true market leader who are at the forefront of innovation and have invested heavily in their facilities.
My client is a leading manufacturer of innovative products for the domestic, commercial, and industrial sectors. The company are well established and have other sites across the UK. They are at the forefront of innovation and are always looking for product improvements and launching new product ranges. Due to this, they are looking to recruit a new Senior Project Engineer to join the company.
You must have the following:
• Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in Manufacturing or Process Engineering
• A demonstrated experience in a Quality Engineering/CI role within an engineering/manufacturing environment is essential
• Six Sigma Green Belt qualification
• Good understanding of Lean/Six Sigma techniques and the implementation of 5S, Kaizen, value stream mapping and other lean manufacturing methodologies
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Be data driven and passionate about problem solving and eliminating waste
•Typically, have gained experience through either apprenticeship or higher education, i.e. HNC, degree, masters
•Good interpersonal skills, ability to build trust with stakeholders and cross functional team, a good communicator and ability to deliver results.
The successful candidate will be a key part of the team and will take accountability for leading Quality and Continuous Improvement projects across the site. You will be facilitating problem-solving and corrective action activities on site, maintaining the QMW and looking after compliance to internal and external accreditations. The post holder will also manage the Environmental system with the H&S Lead.
• Maintaining the site QMS and EMS
• Maintaining internal quality control process; coaching/training quality specification and standards into production teams
• Liaising with suppliers and customers regarding quality issues • Conducting internal & external quality investigation (utilising tools such as CAR/8D etc)
• Conducting quality process audits • Analyse and develop quality metrics to identify trends and opportunities for improvements
• Drive line optimisation (utilising tools such as VSM's, 8 Wastes, Line Balancing) • Maintain/improve site SOP's • Coordinate the site 5S and IDEAS scheme • Lead and facilitate problem solving activities with production teams
• Help develop a continuous improvement culture (through coaching and mentoring team members in lean tools and behaviours)
• Collect, monitor, evaluate and report on production data • Use expertise and knowledge to work with engineering team directly in the design and implementation of new manufacturing to design new manufacturing lines/equipment to maximise lean practices
To apply for the Quality and CI Engineer role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref : 5011SC by email to Simon Cutsforth, firstname.lastname@example.org
RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP Tel 01482 211155
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.
Sector : Manufacturing