Salary/Rate£35,000 + Contributory Pension +26 days holiday plus BH
Based in East Yorkshire - Commutable from Barton, Beverley, Bridlington, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Leven, Preston, Scunthorpe, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
£35,000 + Contributory Pension +26 days holiday plus BH
- Chance to work for a well -established company who are part of a huge worldwide group
- Days based role working Mon-Friday with no nights or weekends
- Lots of variety in the role and the chance to work on a range of complex and automated equipment
- A fascinating site with modern technology and state of the art machinery and processes
- Longer term chance lots of opportunities for career progression and advancement
- Lots of investment on site on upgrades, new equipment and maintenance
- A friendly place to work with a low staff turnover and longer-term opportunities to progress
My client is a leading specialist process manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a Project engineer. The company are part of a huge multinational group with sites across the globe.
You must have the following:
- Previous Project experience is essential either as a Project Engineer or Project Manager
- Must have excellent Organisation skills and be able to manage and organise contractors onsite
- Ideally be degree trained in an Engineering discipline or have other relevant Engineering qualifications with the right experience
- Must be a true leader and be able to communicate across different levels including contractors, suppliers, colleagues and customers
- Must have an excellent knowledge of Health and Safety
- Must be a versatile Engineer and be prepared to get stuck in on a range of different equipment, projects and issues
- Must have a real can-do attitude and be pro-active with their approach
The role would be based at our factory and be focused on the development and execution of engineering projects on the site and in partnership with some of our customers. We’re a small team on the Hull site, so there is scope for both breadth of technical experience
Activities may include work on any of a multitude of engineering projects on process / utilities, site infrastructure and buildings, packaging equipment, and control systems across the site and may include an element of travel to customer sites, primarily in the UK. The requirement is not about repetitive detailed mathematical engineering design but will involve process conceptualisation / scoping / verification with an understanding of the impact of decisions and technology / materials choices. The role will include a high level of involvement with process automation and the site’s automation infrastructure.
The role will require you to deliver and demonstrate on a regular basis the following competencies:
- Scoping and development of engineering projects, as directed from concept, through design (process, electrical, civil, mechanical and control) to project costings for approval by management. Designs shall consider Food Safety, Health and Safety, as well as Environmental matters such as energy and water efficiency.
- Execution of engineering projects on Hull site and at customer sites which shall include but not limited to;
o Supplier selection, contract negotiation and cost control
o Control of contractors
o Control of works including liaison with manufacturing teams
o Training of equipment end users
- Aptitude for development and support of the existing Distributed Control System (DCS) and PLC systems including (after suitable training and experience) undertaking programming modifications, and managing and supporting specialist contractors in completing more significant works
To apply for the Project Engineer role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref 4493 SC by email to Simon Cutsforth : firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.