Process Operator / Control Room Operator
JOB TITLE: Process Operator / Control Room Operator
COMMUTABLE FROM: Brough, Hull, Howden, Beverley, Hessle, Eggborough, Cottingham, Driffield , Doncaster, Barton upon Humber, Goole, Gilberdyke, Market Weighton, Thorne, Scunthorpe , Selby
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
£32,000-£35,350 + Overtime + Life Assurance x 2 + Pension + Health care Scheme
- Opportunity for progression.
- A chance to work for a well-established firm with strong foundations and an ambition to grow.
- Impressive site which has just had significant investment
- Lots of variety in the role
- Monday to Friday role with no weekends
COMPANY INFORMATION: My client is a well-established firm that provides waste management and recycling to the retail and food market. The firm are based at their purpose-built site which has an AD plant, Bulk storage and recycling facilities. My client are now looking for a skilled Process operator to work on a Monday to Friday 3 shift pattern 6-2,2-10 and 10-6.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience working as an Operator in a process, recycling, waste or Oils environment
- Ideally have both control room and hands on process-based experience
- Ideally have chemical experience
- Must have a valid and in date FLT Licence.
- An ability to work safely and efficiently.
- An ability to work alone and to make decisions.
- Must be able to follow set procedures
- A true team player and be happy to do a range of different duties
- Must be happy working Mon-Fri on a 3 shift system
Your role will involve the chemical processing of oils and monitoring plant parameters to ensure the product spec is achieved. You will also be involved in product / environmental sampling, laboratory testing and various checks (including fire safety, legionella, environmental etc.).
Answering directly to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for the running of the shift, and the Health and Safety of yourself and your colleagues during your shift.
As a competent Process Operator, you will be fully involved with the site inspections and the day to day running of the Plant, alongside being responsible for the events throughout your shift and being involved in the decision-making process on the Plant. The role will be a mix of control room operations and hands on running of the plant.
- The overseeing of the area, including dealing with products, process and all other matters which may arise in the course of the shift.
- Booking in of incoming Raw Materials and overseeing the safe offloading of both product and chemicals (including Sulphuric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide and Methanol).
- Chemical batch processing
- Controlling the process using a dedicated DCS control system.
- Regular site inspections, and remedial actions to ensure the Plant continues to run, including timely completion of PPM’s on the plant.
- Involvement in Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments and developing of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Issuing of Permits to Work for any tasks on site.
- Laboratory analysis of both product and environmental samples to ensure compliance with both quality and the Environmental Permit.
- Overseeing the out-loading of finished product from the company.
- Reporting any defects to the Technical Manager.
- Responsible (as part of the team) for site health and safety and environmental control.
- Co-operation and flexibility as a member of the team, you will take a personal responsibility for the plant and process, and be actively involved in the decision-making process with regards to changes and upgrades to the Plant.
To apply for the Process Operator role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 5689SC by email to Simon Cutsforth : email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.