Salary/Rate33 Days Holiday + Pension
Based in East Yorkshire Commutable from Barton, Beverley, Bridlington, Brigg, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Leven, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits:
£45,000-£50,000 + 33 Days Holiday + Pension
- Chance to work for a growing and established Company
- Longer term chance to progress within the business
- Lots of variety in the role
My client is a leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a Maintenance Manager. The company have several sites across the UK and supply to the major supermarkets.
You must have the following:
- Must have experience as working as a Maintenance Manager, Supervisor or Team Leader within a factory Maintenance
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and pressurised environment
- Must be a logical problem solver and be able to make decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to work to KPIs
- Must have an excellent understanding of health and safety and have experience of risk assessments
- Experience of working and improving a PPM system
- Ideally candidates would have food experience, but other FMCG backgrounds will be considered.
The successful candidate will be expected to lead, manage and develop the engineering team in order to provide a responsive, professional and quality aware engineering maintenance service. Ensure maximum operational effectiveness from equipment and facilities, through the introduction of new systems and procedures which will improve the competitiveness of the company and ensure a physical environment fit for manufacturing quality food products in compliance with current health & safety legislation.
- Manage the planned preventative maintenance systems and culture for all areas including PPM schedules for all plant and equipment, management of data regarding machine breakdowns, fault analysis and update of PPM procedures.
- Ensure that operational efficiencies and effectiveness are continuously improved with consequential reduced operating costs.
- Ensure that quality, health and safety and environmental standards are developed, maintained and enhanced and are fully complied with by contractors and staff.
- Lead, coach and develop staff to ensure capability to deliver current and future business objectives.
- Maintain and develop the environment and plant including heating, ventilation, fire protection equipment and plant, pipework and plumbing, alarm systems, security systems to ensure a safe working environment for all staff and visitors.
- Timely and accurately support communications between the shifts.
- Ensure equipment operates at a standard in order to achieve the customer’s required product specification.
- Technical input to assist in the delivery of projects and initiatives which will impact the profitability of the business.
- Maintenance and development of operating standards:
- Health & Safety
- Housekeeping / hygiene
- Training and development
- Employee relations
- Control the activities of contract labour and inspect the quality of their work.
- Supervise engineering staff’s activities during production morning start up.
- Plan weekend maintenance and ensure spares are available in advance.
- Co-ordinate workshop activities.
- Work with technical on all audit work.
- Attend major breakdowns.
- Play an active part in the site’s Health and Safety committee.
- Co-ordinate the engineering shift’s work activities.
- Continually appraise staff performance and take appropriate actions when required
- Deal with staff issues with discretion and confidentially.
- Manage holidays to ensure correct manning level’s at all times.
- Work closely with the Health & Safety officer on issues of machine guarding and safety.
- Work closely with the line manager on the recruitment and selection of staff.
- Provide support to the line manager on projects, NPD work, customer lead work and budget control and department strategic issues.
As Maintenance Manager you have a moral & legal duty of care to those employees working within your area of responsibility and as such your duties will include:
- Involvement in the risk assessment process, to reduce the risk to health & safety in your area
- Ensuring that all information relevant to “preventative and protective measures” is passed to your subordinates
- Liaise with the health & safety department to establish controls for health & safety to include:
1. Daily Start Up checks
2. Accident & Near Miss Investigations
3. Monitoring of corrective actions
4. Coordinate with other departments to ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out for safety systems for machinery & equipment in your area of responsibility
In addition, you will undertake any training that the company deems necessary.
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.