Health Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary/Rate£45,000-£50,000 dependent on experience + Pension + Health Insurance + Life Assurance
Health Safety and Environmental Manager
£45,000-£50,000 dependent on experience + Pension + Health Insurance + Life Assurance
Commutable from Barton, Beverley, Bridlington, Cottingham, Doncaster, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Howden, Hull, Goole, Grimsby Willerby, Scunthorpe, York
- Multi-site role in East Yorkshire
- Chance to join a Market Leading business who are part of a bigger group with sites across the UK
- Longer term Opportunities to grow within the business
My client is a leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a Health Safety and Environmental Manager to look after 3 sites in the East Yorkshire region. The company have several other sites across the UK and supply to the major supermarkets.
You must have the following:
· Must be Nebosh qualified ideally Diploma level or working towards it
· Must have worked in a FMCG background with food being the preference
· Previous experience working in a Health, Safety and Environmental Management or Leadership role
· Must have excellent communication skills and have the ability to lead , coach and inspire others
· Previous experience of Managing a HSE team
· Must have some experience of dealing with Environmental issues and ideally be IEMA or have a relevant qualification
· Excellent Communications skills
· UK Driving licence
Reporting to the Operations Director the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of HSE practices across multiple food manufacturing sites in the Yorkshire region. The successful candidate will be expected to ensure the company are continually complying with current legislation and will be responsible for promoting a safe and environmentally friendly work place. The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will also be responsible for co-ordinating regular Health and Safety meetings and Quality Management System Audits.
· To assist Managers and Supervisor’s to identify hazards in the workplace and to take corrective action or initiate controls to minimise the risk.
· Implement and maintain systems of reporting incidents to highlight potential problems.
· Implement effective monitoring systems.
· To promote Health & Safety (& Environmental) awareness.
· Actively support and champion ‘best practice’ ethos and culture.
· Management of the Health & Safety (& Environmental at Preston) operation within agreed resource parameters.
· Internal Health & Safety auditing.
· To create and maintain retrievable Health & Safety (& Environmental) records to enable production of statutory reports.
· Maintain an up to date knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and feed back to the appropriate parties where necessary.
· Effectively harness, motivate and develop the Health & Safety team.
· To ensure the implementation of short & long-term group strategic plans to raise the standards of Health, Safety & environmental at the site as directed by the Group Health, Safety & Environmental Managers.
· Advise Directors, Managers and Supervisor’s in the implementation of local practices and procedures to ensure that the site complies with statutory requirements and guidelines, and group standards.
· Liaise with Group Health, Safety & Environmental and other Senior Managers to identify the correct levels of resources and manage the operation within these agreed parameters.
- Ensures full compliance of the Company’s ISO 14001, ISO 45001 & 50001 Management Systems
- Maintenance of the conditions of the Environmental permit.
- Challenge, mentor and coach people
- Challenge current processes and practices, with a view to improve
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, in terms of people and the local area
- Coordinate 3 monthly H&S meetings on site and distribute minutes.
- Facilitate external audits such as 14001, ISO45001, 50001 as well as ethical
- Objectively assess the team’s performance and develop improvement plans by way of succession planning
- Ensure clarity of role for team members, including assigning of tasks, coaching and providing feedback
- Coordination of exceptional activity, such as changes to standards, work patterns, etc
- Conduct data analysis to identify trends and opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures & codes of practice.
- Review and update the training requirements of the department in line with current legislation and changing departmental operations
- Respect and honour the sentiment of the companies ethical policies and codes of conduct when interacting with colleagues
- Ensure that all staff have been given the appropriate level of training necessary to carry out their work within legislative and Health and Safety guidelines
- Ensure that you understand and adhere to your personal responsibilities with regard the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act 1990, Site Environmental Permit, company HSE policies, site safety rules, and procedures at all times
- To identify hazards in the workplace and to take corrective action or initiate controls to minimise the risk
- To effectively promote Health, Safety and Environmental awareness within your areas of control
- Ensuring that all HSE information relevant to “preventative and protective measures” is communicated to your subordinates
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, both in terms of people and the local area
- Effectively manage energy and waste within the site
- Assume responsibility for the management of activities which ensure food safety, integrity, legality and quality
To apply for the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager vacancy, please send your CV along with your salary details, to Simon Cutsforth: firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd are a well established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.