Health & Safety Coordinator
Salary/Rate£22,000- £25,000 + Pension
Health & Safety Coordinator
Commutable from Beverley, Barton, Bridlington, Brigg, Cottingham , Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Goole ,Hornsea, Hull, Leven, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
- £22,000- £25,000 + Pension
- Chance to join a rapidly expanding business
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
My client is a leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a Health and Safety Coordinator. The company have several sites across the UK and supply to the major supermarkets.
You must have the following:
- Must have proven experience of working in Health and Safety
- Must have a Nebosh and be a member of IOSH or be working towards ir
- Must have excellent numerical skills along with computer skills
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills
- Ideally have worked in Food although other fast paced manufacturing backgrounds will be considered
The successful candidates will be responsible for Coordinating all aspects of the health, safety and environment practice on site. Delivering best practice, complying with legislation and promoting a proactive HSE culture.
- To assist Managers and Supervisor’s to identify hazards in the workplace and to take corrective action or initiate controls to minimise the risk.
- Implement and maintain Group and site H&S systems, conduct root cause analysis to close out potential safety problems.
- Coordinate effective site safety monitoring systems.
- Actively support and champion ‘best practice’ ethos and culture.
- Undertake Internal Health & Safety auditing to maintain a safe working environment and systems.
- Maintain Health & Safety at all relevant sites to enable production of internal & statutory reports.
- Communicate and feedback current Health and Safety Legislation to the appropriate parties where necessary.
- Coordinate the short & long-term group strategic plans to raise the standards of Health & Safety at the site as directed by the site Health & Safety Manager.
- Advise Managers and Supervisor’s in the implementation of local practices and procedures to ensure that the site complies with statutory requirements and guidelines, and group standards.
- Promote compliance of the Company’s H&S Management Systems.
- Deliver relevant H&S information at the DRM meeting when required.
- Challenge, mentor and coach staff at all levels.
- Challenge current processes and practices, with a view to improve.
- Coordinate changes to standardise working practices.
- Review Risk Assessments and SSOW working with area Managers and Supervisors to produce effective systems.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures, codes of practice, COSHH regulations relevant to the department.
- Ensure that you understand and adhere to your personal responsibilities with regard the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, company H&S policies, site safety rules, and procedures at all times
- To effectively promote Health & Safety awareness within your areas of control
To apply for the Health and Safety Co-Ordinator role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref 5225SC by email to Simon Cutsforth : firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.