Salary/Rate£19,000-£20,000 + Pension + Overtime
Commutable from Beverley, Bridlington, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Leven, Preston, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
£19,000-£20,000 + Pension + Overtime
- Chance to join a rapidly expanding business
- Great Variety within the role
- Mon-Fri role
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
My client is a leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a Despatch Supervisor . The company have several sites across the UK and supply to the major supermarkets.
You must have the following:
- Must have good IT skills including Excel
- Must have excellent numerical skills along with computer skills
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must have worked within a Warehouse, Goods In or Despatch Environment
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills to liaise with the despatch operatives
The main purpose of the role is to supervise and ensure that there is a smooth running of the Despatch operation, under the guidance of the Despatch Manager.
Main duties include:
The main duties are to supervise and complete the below daily tasks:
- Supervise the Despatch Operatives ensuring they are carrying out the correct scanning and assignment of product from boxing into stock locations and correct paperwork into Despatch
- Liaise with Despatch administrators regarding loading and booking times for vehicles
- Maintain satisfactory standards of performance, safety and hygiene
- Manage invoicing of orders and correct distribution of paperwork
- Manage booking in of all purchased goods and returned stock to site
- Manage the order collection and palletising, including stock rotation and maintain the shelf life requirements
- Maintain packaging integrity and product safety by removing any blown or damaged packages
- Take receipt of bought-in chilled products and packaging and ingredients and manage the correct re-labelling of these lines
- Maintain Despatch temperature records
- Ensure all orders are Despatched with the correct paperwork in good time for customer receipt
- Liaise as necessary with haulers in line with Company procedures
- To motivate and work alongside the team in a hands-on role to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Ensure that the team are wearing the correct PPE at all times
- Manage the holidays, attendance and performance of all Despatch operatives
- Controlling the intake and storage of allergens in the Despatch area
- Checking all the Export procedures are followed correctly
To apply for the Despatch Supervisor role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref 4485SC by email to Alex Ives: email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.