Nights M/S Maintenance Engineer
Salary/Rate+ overtime available + Pension
Nights M/S Maintenance Engineer
Commutable from Beverley, Bridlington, Brigg, Barton, Cottingham , Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Preston, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
-£36,000-£39,000 + overtime available + Pension
-Chance to work for a growing and established Company
-Opportunity to improve your salary with Overtime
My client is a leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a nights M/S Maintenance Engineer. The company have several sites across the UK and supply to the major supermarkets. The role will be working Sunday to Thursday 10pm to 630am.
You must have the following:
- Must be happy to work permanent night shifts
- Previous m/s maintenance experience
- Ideally be apprentice trained within Engineering
- Must be multi-skilled although either bias will be considered
- Must be able to work both alone and in a small team.
- It is essential candidates can work under pressure.
- Experience of both reactive and pre-planned maintenance
- Ideally candidates would have food experience, but other FMCG backgrounds will be considered.
The principle purpose of the role will be to maintain the designated plant and equipment sufficiently to enable the business to operate within food hygiene and health and safety regulations. The candidates will be working in a Food environment on a range of equipment including packaging machines, cutting machines, tumblers, slicing machines, check weighers, conveyors.
The main duties are:
- Maintain plant and equipment to optimum standards safely with minimum downtime
- Liaise with all levels of management across all functions relating to engineering activities on the plan or breakdowns
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained
- Ensure that all health and safety and food hygiene procedures are adhered to at all times
- To undertake any training courses as the need of the business dictates
- Ensure the efficient usage of spare parts, consumables and equipment
- Satisfactory completion of the engineering plan, designated areas and equipment
- Routinely test the metal detection equipment and failsafe features
- Carry out planned maintenance on the equipment which includes in depth visual checks to critical machinery components to identify damage and metal on metal contact or wear
- Document PPM checks and record any necessary corrective action
- Ensure that the workshops and engineering equipment are maintained and in a clean condition that this fit for purpose
- Ensure that you have the relevant Legal compliance training completed (in liaison with the Health & Safety, Technical and the Training departments)
- Understand the importance of ensuring that all statutory (industry guidelines), legal, food safety, hygiene standards & customer requirements are met and adhered to
- Understand how to trace faults (route cause analysis)
- Understand the importance of maintenance and performance validation
- Be fully trained in the Manufacturer’s maintenance recommendations, lubrication requirements and critical locations on the equipment
- Trained in good engineering practices to reduce the risk of product contamination
- Contribute to KPIs in quality, health, safety and environment, yields and customer service
- Ensure that all statutory (industry guidelines), legal, food safety & customer requirements are met
- Understand relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures, codes of practice, technical specifications, COSHH regulations and developments in H.A.C.C.P systems relevant to the department
RoS International Ltd is a well established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.