Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Engineer (4 days on / 4 off)
Salary/Rate£36,000- £38,000 + overtime + Pension
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Engineer ( 4 days on / 4 off)
Commutable from Barton, Beverley, Cottingham , Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Howden, Hull, Goole, Willerby, Scunthorpe, York
Salary and Benefits
£36,000- £38,000 + overtime + Pension
-Chance to work for a growing and established Company
-Opportunity to improve your salary with Overtime
- Longer term opportunities to progress within the business
- Excellent training and mentoring provided
- No nights involved
My client is a leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit an electrically biased maintenance engineer. The company have several other sites across the UK and supply to the major supermarkets.
You must have the following:
- Proven multi-skilled engineer with both electrical and mechanical experience.
- Ideally have some form of an electrical qualification ideally be 16th, 17th or 18th edition.
- Must be able to work both alone and in a small team
- It is essential candidates can work under pressure
- Ideally candidates would have food experience, but other factory maintenance backgrounds will be considered
Maintain production machinery in operational areas (including mixing) and fulfil task to maintain the fabric and plant of the site
- Maintain machinery and equipment to optimum standards safely with minimum downtime
- Provide a rapid response to breakdown situations and utilise time effectively to ensure known jobs are completed in a succinct timeframe
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained
- Ensure the efficient usage of spare parts, consumables and equipment
- Ensure that all health and safety and food hygiene procedures are adhered to at all times
- Maintain open and constructive lines of communication with the Production Department
- Liaise and escalate with all levels of management across all functions relating to engineering activities.
- Any administrative duties as required in the fulfilment of the engineering plan
- To decrease time lost due to breakdowns
- Satisfactory completion of the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule
- Risk assess all jobs, to reduce the risk to health and safety issues in your area
- Responsible for and the ongoing support of daily ‘start ups’ in the production area
- Support the learning and development of the apprentices
The candidates could be working on a range of equipment including packaging machines, check weighers ,labellers, conveyors. There may also be some project work and in house machinery improvements to get involved with.