Salary/Rate£37,398 + Pension
Based in East Yorkshire Commutable from Barton, Beverley, Bridlington, Brigg, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Leven, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits:
- £37,398 + Pension
- Chance to work for a growing and established Company
- Mon to Fri role with no nights or weekends
My client is a leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit an Engineering Supervisor to work on a Monday to Friday 7am to 3:30pm. The company have several sites across the UK and supply to the major supermarkets.
You must have the following:
- Ideally previous experience of working in a Charge Hand ,Supervisory capacity or Team Leader within Engineering
- Must be a qualified Engineer ( Mechanical and/or Electrical)
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Must have excellent leadership qualities and be able to coach and lead others
- Must have IOSH
- It is essential candidates can work under pressure and make critical decisions
- Ideally candidates would have food experience, but other FMCG backgrounds will be considered.
- Ideally have some knowledge of site services / refrigeration/ Chillers
To lead, manage and develop the Engineering team in order to provide a responsive, professional and quality aware engineering maintenance service. Ensure maximum operational effectiveness from equipment and facilities, through the introduction of new systems and procedures which will improve the competitiveness of the company and ensure a physical environment fit for manufacturing quality food products in compliance with current health & safety legislation
Main duties :
- Manage the planned preventative maintenance systems and culture for all areas including PPM schedules for all plant and equipment, management of data regarding machine breakdowns, fault analysis and update of PPM procedures
- Ensure that operational efficiencies and effectiveness are continuously improved with consequential reduced operating costs
- Ensure that quality, health and safety and environmental standards are developed, maintained and enhanced and are fully complied with by contractors and staff
- Lead, coach and develop staff to ensure capability to deliver current and future business objectives
- Maintain and develop the building, environment and plant including heating, ventilation, fire protection equipment and plant, pipework and plumbing, alarm systems, security systems to ensure a safe working environment for all staff and visitors
- Timely and accurately support communications between the shifts
- Ensure equipment operates at a standard in order to achieve the customer’s required product specification
- Technical input to assist in the delivery of projects and initiatives which will impact the profitability of the business
- Maintenance and development of operating standards:
- Health & Safety
- Housekeeping / hygiene
- Training and development
- Employee relations
- Control the activities of contract labour and inspect the quality of their work
- Supervise engineering staff’s activities during production morning start up
- Continually appraise staff performance and take appropriate actions when required
- Manage holidays to ensure correct manning level’s at all times
Requirements, experience and person specification:
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.