Salary/Rate35334 + Overtime + Pension + Bonus
COMMUTABLE FROM: Doncaster, Pontefract, Howden, Selby, Castleford, Scunthorpe, Goole, Knottingley, Eggborough, Barlby, Wakefield and Garforth
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
£35 334 + Overtime + Pension + Bonus
- Excellent training provided
- Chance to work for a forward think business in a modern automation environment
- No nights or Weekends
- Longer Term opportunity to progress within the business
COMPANY INFORMATION: Our Client is a world leading manufacturing company. They currently operate in numerous locations around the globe. They are investing heavily on the site in the next 2 years in new technology and automation.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Previous Experience in Logistics, storage or Distribution
- Excellent leadership skills
- Good IT skills
- Material Management experience
· Ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s health and safety requirements and in compliance with relevant health and safety and environmental legislation.
· Direct and control the use of the yard to ensure the maximum use of available space and a safe, efficient and profitable operation which meets customer and business needs.
· Oversee the despatch operation to ensure that these operate efficiently, effectively and safely to meet customer requirements.
· Maintain a liaison with the production, customer services and transport operations to ensure that there is effective coordination of all operations and that customer requirements are met
· Provide advice and guidance to company managers and staff on yard utilisation, pallet control and the operation of mobile plant etc.
· Carry out projects relating to the use of the yard to improve operational effectiveness.
· Direct and control the staff of the yard to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
· Maintain all necessary records of goods stored and despatched.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested by the company. The duties contained in this job description will change over time and the job-holder will be expected to co-operate where such changes are reasonable.
To apply for the Yard Manager role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4394AC by email to Alistair Curran : firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise