Shift Maintenance Team Leader x2
Salary/Rate£42,000 + Overtime + Pension + Bonus
SHIFT PATTERN: Panama shift rota which involves 12 hour days and nights
COMMUTABLE FROM: Doncaster, Pontefract, Howden, Selby, Castleford, Scunthorpe, Goole, Knottingley, Eggborough, Barlby, Wakefield and Garforth
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
£42,000 + Overtime + Pension + Bonus
- Excellent training provided
- Chance to work for a forward think business in a modern automation environment
- Longer Term opportunity to progress within the business
COMPANY INFORMATION: Our Client is a world leading manufacturing company. They currently operate in numerous locations around the globe. Due to an increase in orders and upcoming investment they are looking to recruit 2 Shift Maintenance Team Leaders.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Relevant Engineering Qualification (HNC, HND, City and Guilds, Time served etc.) and be a time served Engineer or Team Leader
- Must be multi-skilled
- Must have experience in leading or managing a small team
- Must have good supervisory skills
- Must be a natural problem solver with good organisational and planning skills
- Must have good H&S knowledge
- Ideally have experience of lean and CI
Main Purpose of Job
To lead a team of 2 shift engineers in implementing the site maintenance plan, to include reactive and proactive work driving continuous improvement in the department to help deliver departmental KPI’s
Main Responsibilities (additional to those of Craft discipline)
- Work as part of the engineering maintenance team.
- Manage your team and ensure compliance with all site H&S requirements and legislation
- Receive and take charge of the weekend maintenance plan from the Maintenance Manager.
- Deploy / monitor all maintenance work (carried out by both day and shift teams) across the weekend ensuring all work is completed to standard and all completed paperwork is returned to the Maintenance Manager. Reporting any problems or required modifications to the plan.
- Update planning status sheet for the Maintenance Manager to explain what work was complete and what outstanding ready for start-up to both the team and the site management
- Provide a timely engineering response in a breakdown situation and ensure problems are fixed and work to eliminate repeat issues
- Ensure good communication and handover between shifts.
- Induct as necessary and supervise any contractors required to work during the weekend shutdowns.
- Issue any permits during the weekend required to allow work to be completed safely. Using the team to assist in the necessary isolations.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the company. The duties contained in this job description will change over time and the job-holder will be expected to co-operate where such changes are reasonable.
To apply for the Shift Maintenance Team Leader role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4361SC by email to Alistair Curran : email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.