Logistics Manager / Logistics Supervisor
Salary/Rate£25,000 - £30,000 DOE
JOB TITLE: Logistics Manager / Logistics Supervisor
COMMUTABLE FROM: Anlaby, Beverley, Bridlington, Brough, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Howden, Hull, Market Weighton, North Cave, South Cave, Walkington, Willerby.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
- Pension & Holiday
- The prospect of working for a rapidly growing manufacturing company which are always bringing innovative products to market.
- The opportunity to progress and grow as both the company and the department get bigger.
My client is a manufacturing company who have grown rapidly over the last few years. They are a market leader within their sector and have exciting plans for the next few years. They have a strong distribution network in place, and sell their products across the UK, Europe, and America.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Proven working experience within Logistics / Transport Planning either as a Mgr, Supervisor or Team Leader or someone looking for the next step up
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Must be a self starter and be able to work using your own initiative
- Must have good man management skills.
- Must have excellent computer literacy.
- Must have be able to communicate effectively with all levels.
The Logistics Manager responsibilities include organizing and monitoring distribution of goods. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics / transportation
- Direct, optimize and coordinate resources to ensure timely and accurate fulfilment of customer orders
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train any direct reports
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and ISO requirements
To apply for the Logistics Manager’s role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 5481SC by email to Simon Cutsforth : firstname.lastname@example.org
RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.
Manufacturing / Production / FMCG