Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary/Rate£40,000 - £50,000 DOE
JOB TITLE: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Senior Mechanical Engineer. Building Services Engineer, Building Services Design Engineer.
COMMUTABLE FROM: Barton-upon-Humber, Beverley, Brigg, Brough, Castleford, Doncaster, Eggborough, Gilberdyke, Goole, Hedon, Hessle, Hull, Howden, Knottingley, Market Weighton, Pocklington, Pontefract, Selby, York.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Holiday, Pension & Excellent Training.
- Chance to join a well-established, market leader.
- Chance to work in an exciting industry which is growing year on year.
My client is a multi-disciplined Engineering and Construction company who design, manufacture and install to a wide range of clients across the UK. They are now looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the company.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Must be Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services, or another relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of Heat Calculations.
- Looking to work towards Chartership.
- Candidates from the following backgrounds may be considered: HVAC, M&E Contractors, Consultancies, Renewable Energies, Building Services, Refrigeration, Heat Control.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for Mechanical Design from Concept through to finished design. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Sales and Estimation teams to assist with estimates and budgets on a wide range of projects.
- Assist the sales and business development team technically on qualified enquiries, providing information and advice and attending sales meetings as required.
- Review enquiries and Provide concept designs and costings and assist in tender preparation including specification writing.
- Checking and verifying concept designs from Mechanical Team engineers.
- Development from initial concept designs to full detailed design on successful projects.
- Produce detailed designs for a wide range of systems which will include sizing of chillers, air conditioning, AHU’s, pipework, air flows etc.
- Calculate heat losses, heat demands, flow rates, pump/fan sizes, pipe/duct sizes etc.
- Check and confirm design calculations for all mechanical designs.
- Create and assist other creating detailed written specifications, with drawings for the mechanical part of projects.
- Liaise with other engineering teams to provide comprehensive design packages.
- Liaise with the controls team to agree a control philosophy and assist creation of descriptions of operation.
- Responsible for mechanical designs to agreed project budgets and ensuring all team members take financial responsibility in design.
- Acquire and review all quotations with sub-contractors and suppliers. Checking and question costs put forward by all mechanical engineers.
- Responsible for reforecasting of project mechanical budgets in Easybuild.
- Provide the procurement team with bills of materials and timelines for the materials to be delivered.
- Ensure comprehensive design packages are handed over to the Operations Team.
- Ensure that design risk assessments are in place, signed before designs are issued.
- Undertake quality and snagging visits on site, checking workmanship and installations against design.
- Attend all project meetings internally and with clients as required.
To apply for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 4838HI by email to Harry Iggleden : email@example.com
RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.