Salary/Rate£30,000 - £45,000 DOE + Pension + 28 days holiday plus stats
£30,000 - £45,000 DOE + Pension + 28 days holiday plus stats
Commutable from Brough, Castleford, Doncaster, Goole, Grimsby, Howden, Hull, Pocklington, Selby, Scunthorpe, Thorne, Wakefield, York
A forward thinking company working within the Building and Construction sector. My client have a growing order book and ambitious plans for the future. It is a great place to work with a friendly working environment in modern offices.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Must have proven experience working as an estimator within Joinery in the construction sector
- Must have experience of being able to work on multiple enquiries
- Must have experience of producing tenders up to £3 Million
- Must be able to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Must have excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Must have a driving license
- Ideally be ONC/HNC or HND qualified
- Must be fluent in Excel, Outlook and Word
The Estimator will be working on multiple enquiries at any one time with values ranging from 10k-£3million. The work will be predominantly office based pricing up using drawings and specs rather than site measuring, some client meetings will be required bit mainly in the north of the UK. The successful candidate will be working alongside a Senior Estimator and a QS. The work can vary across Schools, Colleges, Universities, Student Accommodation, Nursing Homes and Bespoke Projects.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Production of Joinery tenders and quotations
- Liaising with clients through the tendering process
- Liaising with suppliers through the tender process
- Securing orders
- Offer Value Engineering advice and support
- Assist in the handover from Estimating to Production
- Attendance to tender review meetings internally and externally
- Pricing of variations through the construction process
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.