Salary/Rate• Salary £negotiable according to experience • Company Car or Car Allowance • Private Pension contribution • 27 working days holiday
East Yorkshire – Commutable from Bridlington, Doncaster, Goole, Grimsby, Hull, Scunthorpe, Selby and York
We are recruiting for an Estimator on behalf of an esteemed well-established family owned regional Contractor in East Yorkshire operating at around £50m turnover. The business is celebrating 140 years of trading in 2019 and is looking for an Estimator to join their established commercial team.
The Contractor typically constructs schools, offices, factories, warehouses and high specification buildings in the hospital, pharmaceutical and food processing sectors. They are a successful YORbuild Principal Contractor.
- Salary £negotiable according to experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Private Pension contribution
- 27 working days holiday
- Successful previous tender delivery within the building sector pricing contracts in excess of £1m;
- Ability to produce Bills of Materials and Bills of Quantities;
- Detailed understanding of construction methods;
- Ability to produce a competitive net cost estimate commensurate with risk;
- Good understanding of Conquest preferred however investment in training can be provided.
Providing Estimating function for a main contractor pricing new build and refurbishment projects in excess of £1m up to £10m. Continued support and guidance will be given from Senior and Management level whilst working in a small yet experienced team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Estimating and pre-construction tendering;
- Checking and reviewing tender documentation;
- Producing enquiry schedules for Subcontract work packages from the tender documentation;
- Producing Bills of Materials and Bills of Quantities;
- Supplier and subcontractor negotiations;
- Producing competitive net estimates commensurate with risk;
- Pre-contract negotiations;
- Comprehensive handover of estimate files;
- Maintaining good relationships with clients.
The position will be working on Major works project up to £10M. The work is predominantly buildings based but can consist of commercial, industrial and council projects. Due to the nature of the work some project leadership may be required.
To apply for the Estimator role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref 4021KS by email to Katie Seed: email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd are a well established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.