Development Engineer, Design and Development Engineer
Salary/Rate£28,000 – £32,000 per annum + 25 days’ holiday and stats + Pension+ Ongoing Development
Development Engineer, Design and Development Engineer
Location - East Yorkshire
COMMUTABLE FROM: Hull, Doncaster, Beverley, Cottingham, Goole, Market Weighton, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Willerby and York
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
£28,000 – £32,000 per annum + 25 days’ holiday and stats + Pension+ Ongoing Development
- Market leading manufacturing business that have won several prestigious awards within their sector
- The chance to work for a business that prides itself in Innovation and R&D
- A varied role with lots of different projects going on at any onetime
- This is a unique role within the design team and you can help provide the next cutting edge design improvement or even help produce and launch new products
- A fantastic opportunity to have a real influence within the business
- A great company to work for in terms of training and development. The client will help support and mentor the successful candidate towards Chartered or Incorporated Status
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
My client is a well-established and continually expanding Manufacturing company, offering excellent opportunities for career progression and a dynamic working environment. They are a market leading firm and employ over a thousand workers across their business. My client invests heavily within R&D and are leading the way in terms of innovation and quality and always aim to be one step ahead of their competition. The firm have recently invested £250k into a new training facility and place a huge emphasis on training and development for their staff from apprentices up to Senior Managers.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Must have an Engineering Degree BEng, BSc, Meng, MSc etc
- Ideally have a proven work experience in 3 CAD (Pro-Engineer, Solidworks)
- Must be creative and a natural problem solver
- Must have worked within a Manufacturing, Engineering, Product Design or Development background
- Must have knowledge of best practice engineering/design tools and techniques, experience of FEA, FMEA would be an advantage
- Must have a wide knowledge of different materials and their applications, any tooling or composite experience would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to come up with new ideas both from blank sheet design and improvements on existing products
- Must be passionate and be able to sell ideas to gain approval for prototyping
- A range of Engineering backgrounds will be considered for this role including Automotive, Aerospace, Lighting, Furniture, Plastics, Product Design, Marine, Transport, Composites to name a few
The Development Engineer is required to plan, execute & deliver advanced engineering projects. They will be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered to a state of technical readiness suitable for seamless adoption into product engineering programmes.
- Act as the lead engineer on both current design and ‘Advanced Projects’.
- Conduct competitor analysis & product benchmarking activities, to better understand customer requirements and improve product definition.
- Where appropriate, form & lead cross-functional teams to undertake & deliver advanced engineering projects. Negotiate the resources for such teams with other departmental heads. Ensure the most efficient use of personnel and facilities.
- Prepare & manage budgets for new vehicle designs. Maintain project cost control, to ensure effective use of company resources.
- Build technical credibility for the company through attending at conferences, involvement in technical forums and links to academic institutions. Conduct collaborative technical projects with suppliers or academia, as appropriate.
- Work with suppliers & partners to develop good communication channels for the flow of new ideas and innovations.
- Be aware of the latest ideas, technologies, materials and components available in the industry. Plan for and conduct visits to relevant trade shows.
- Provide 3D CAD support for all engineering projects within the Design team.
- To specify materials and engineer products which consider cost effectiveness and product reliability and functionality.
- Support the Design Director in development of the Product and Component Strategy going forward.
- Provide expertise and technical leadership relating to the development of advanced composite technologies and tooling development.
- To maximise product modularity (minimising complexity) and promote good design disciplines
- Identify & adopt best practice tools & techniques for engineering and design workflows within the department, to maximize efficiency and quality of output. Instigate training, as required.
- Ensure that products comply with the required legislation and type approval requirements
- Monitor first batch action logs and follow-up actions concerning the Design team
- Prepare and deliver the monthly digital design review (DDR)
- Work towards Chartership status and maintain a thorough record of CPD via the firm’s Academy system
The Development Engineer will also be responsible for the technical development of new products, as well as the delivery of new materials, technologies and components.
The role will include close liaison with the other departments and suppliers (external) in formulating new product definition & supporting the development of project scope documentation, which will necessitate familiarisation with competitor products & technologies as well as customer requirements. The Development Engineer will define, plan & deliver innovative technical solutions to the project teams, through internal cross-functional projects and the management of external projects, in conjunction with partners, suppliers, consultancies & academic institutions.
In addition, the Development Engineer will contribute to the concept, layout & activities in the early phases of project delivery and will be required to operate project disciplines to resolve issues & support the launch of new products on time, with minimal errors. Some level of support on current model engineering (CME) projects and products may be required from time to time. The Development Engineer will be expected to introduce best practice quality & engineering tools and techniques within the department.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious engineer, within a market leading business, that has significant opportunities for career development.
To apply for the Development Engineer role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref 53497SC by email to Simon Cutsforth: email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.