Field Service Engineer / Workshop Engineer
Salary/Rate£26,000-£32,000 + Bonus+ Pension + Life Assurance + 27 days holiday plus 8 stats
Field Service Engineer / Workshop Engineer
Based in East Yorkshire - Commutable from Beverley, Barton, Bridlington, Brigg, Cottingham, Driffield, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Hutton Cranswick, Market Weighton, Willerby
£26,000-£32,000 + Bonus+ Pension + Life Assurance + 27 days holiday plus 8 stats
- Opportunity to join a specialist manufacturing firm with a growing order book
- Varied role which includes Machine Assembly work, Testing, Repairs, Installations, Field Service and PLC work
- Lots of training provided including PLC, Controls and Software development
- Monday to Friday days based role with no shifts or weekend work
- Chance to become a Technical Expert in a specialist field
- Excellent working environment
My client is a leading machinery manufacturer who supplies a wide range of industries including Electronics, Healthcare, Logistics, Automotive and Medical. The company is part of a worldwide group. After securing several lucrative contracts they are now looking to recruit a Service Engineer to join their Engineering Team.
You must have the following:
· Must have a proven Engineering background either Workshop Engineer, Machine Assembly, Electrical Assembly, Field Service work, Maintenance Technician etc.
· Must have a passion for Engineering and be a good problem solver
· Must have some experience of both Electrical and Mechanical assembly and fault finding
· Ideally have served an Engineering Apprenticeship
· Must be flexible to the travel and be prepared to travel overseas when required. (This will be around 30% of the time)
· Must be driven and motivated to learn new equipment and processes
· Must have a driving license
· Must be a true team player and be flexible to work on different jobs
The successful candidate will be trained in the full aspect of the client’s product range. You will be expected to perform a wide range of duties including builds, testing, in house repairs, customer training and support, installation, and repairs on customer sites, visit trade shows, design and R&D work. The post holder will be expected to assist in the manufacture and design of technical projects from customer enquiry through to installation on customer sites. The position will be Electro-Mechanical and will also involve working with various PLC systems including Siemens, Rockwell and Alan Bradley.
1. Collaborate with sales and customer to determine the automated solution.
2. Accurately determine cost estimates to manage project cost and timely delivery of quote to customer.
3. Provide manufacturing support for products, including vendor qualification and product testing.
4. Visit customer sites for installation, scheduled maintenance or mechanical repair.
5. Provide training to end-users on the proper use of and basic care of equipment.
6. Provide technical field service, including telephone support and customer site field repair.
7. Maintain a field acceptance process which assures the quality of solution as determined by customer expectations, and assures our ability to provide adequate support.
8. Maintain knowledge base of existing and emerging system designs.
9. Assume ownership of work in a self-directed environment.
The work will be predominantly be based at their factory/workshop, but there will also be bits of field service work including installations, repairs and commissioning. I must stress that this role will not be a pure service role, but the company still want the post holder to have a flexible approach. Please note a company vehicle will be provided for any travelling. To begin with the successful candidate should expect to spend around 70% in the workshop and 30% out in the field doing installs and repairs. Please note the field service aspect will grow over time.
To apply for the Field Service Engineer , please send your CV along with your salary details, to Simon Cutsforth: firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd are a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.