Electrical Workshop Manager / Factory Manager
Salary/Rate£35,000-£45,000 + Pension + 22 Days Holiday plus stats ( Rising due to service)
Job Title: Electrical Workshop Manager / Factory Manager
Location: Based in East Yorkshire : Commutable from Barton,Brigg, Beverley, Bridlington, Cottingham, Driffield, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Goole, Grimsby, Scunthorpe , York
Salary and Benefits: £35,000-£45,000 + Pension + 22 Days Holiday plus stats ( Rising due to service)
Company Information: My client is a long-standing Engineering Company manufacturing Electrical solutions on a global scale. They have ambitious plans for the future and are breaking into new profitable markets within the Renewables sector.
You must have the following:
• A proven Electrical Engineering/Manufacturing background either in Assembly, Panel Wiring, Control Panels, FAT, PLCs
• Proven Management Experience
• Up to date Health & Safety awareness
• Excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to drive through improvements
• Understanding of customer requirements
• Ability to manage a workforce of over 40 people
• Ability to manage all department resources to meet production schedules and productivity targets
• Must have some lean manufacturing experience
• Experience managing a busy factory
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to organize staff recruitment, training and personal development
The successful Factory Manager will be responsible for the metal work, powder coating, electrical assembly and all production planning. The key element of the position will be to manage the busy factory to ensure all production schedules and customer expectations are met as productively as possible, whilst adhering to the company’s health and safety standards.
The role will be reporting into the Operations Director, whilst also liaising with the Design Managers and Purchasing Team. You will be responsible for 35-40 people on the shop floor with an Electrical Supervisor, Metal Work Supervisor and Paint/Powder Coating Supervisor to help you.
• Manage all resources in the departments to meet production schedules.
• Drive jobs through the factory to meet and exceed productivity targets.
• Responsible for maintaining all departmental administration and MI.
• Responsible for implementing, maintaining and recording of all machine maintenance.
• Plan all work and deal with all production issues that may arise.
• Ensure a safe working environment ensuring all health and safety obligations are met.
• To be responsible for all quality matters to maintain the company’s accreditations.
• Assist estimating by conducting time analysis projects to ensure accurate pricing.
• To be responsible for all staff in the factory.
• Play a leading role in changing the work ethic and culture of the factory
• Ensure the company’s QA procedures are followed.
Planning organising and problem solving
It is the Factory Manager’s responsibility to manage the department’s activity to meet customer requirements. Proactively focusing and directing attention to provide solutions for all problems is vital to the role. Continual questioning and assessing to seek and deliver efficiencies to increase productivity is essential to the role. Ensure machine maintenance and organising staff recruitment, training and development are all key aspects of the role.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.