Mechanical Field Service Engineer (North of England/Scotland)
Salary/Rate£37,500- £40,000+Fully expensed Company Car (Value 25k) + Pension + Excellent Benefits
Mechanical Field Service Engineer (North of England/Scotland)
This role will cover the North of England, so the ideal candidate would be based somewhere along or commutable to the M-62 Corridor (Hull, Wakefield, Leeds, Huddersfield, Manchester, Liverpool, Doncaster, York, Goole)
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
£37,500- £40,000+Fully expensed Company Car (Value 25k) + Pension + Excellent Benefits
- The Opportunity to be a true technical expert on specialist pump systems within the food and drinks sector
- A unique job opportunity which is working in various Bakeries and Distilleries across the North of England, North East and Scotland
- Chance to join a well-established business Food business who is part of a worldwide renowned Group.
- The company will invest heavily in the individual and there will be product specific training and a structured Handover with one of the Service Engineers
- A varied role with no two days being the same. This role will involve repairs, Planned Maintenance, Projects and Customer Support/Training
- Opportunity to work from home and plan your day depending on customer needs. The role will involve up to 40,000 miles per year, but there is no overseas travel and you will only have the odd night away from home
My client is a specialist food business who supply ingredients to various food firms. They are part of a global food group and can offer candidates long term stability and technical development opportunities.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Must have a recognised Engineering qualification either a HNC or NVQ level 3
- Must have strong Mechanical skills, although the client will look at those who are multi-skilled the successful candidate must have excellent Mechanical Fault-Finding Skills
- Must have experience of working on pumps or pumping systems. All process backgrounds will be considered including Bakeries, Distilleries, Dairies, Breweries, Paint, Chemical, Water and Drink Manufacturers.
- Must have a driving license
- Must have a strong appreciation of Health and Safety and ideally have an IOSH or equivalent
- Must be self-motivated and be prepared to spend a lot of time working alone
- Must be able to problem solve under pressure and fix issues in a logical and safe manner
- Must have good communication skills with the ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities at different customer sites
- Must represent the company in a professional and ethical manner at all times
This position is a field-based customer facing role responsible for all aspects of proactive and reactive maintenance and fault finding on the industrial liquid pump and injection machinery and automated systems at my client’s sites which are all bakeries or distilleries. The role is focused on the North, North East and Scotland and will involve up to 40,000 miles travel per year. You will be working in a team of 5 who cover the whole of the UK including a Manager and Team Leader The standard working hours are roughly 8am-4pm, however you may find one day you only work 4 hours and another day 12 hours. If there is excessive overtime, then you will get paid for this or get the time back in lieu. The post holder must also be on call one weekend in three and although call outs may only occur a few times per year you must be available for any work during this time. All hotels and expenses are paid for by the business and if an early start is required then there is the option of an overnight stay. The successful candidate will also be expected to attend team meetings at head office.
The day to day duties will vary, but as a rough guide there is expected to be 10% responding to breakdowns, 50% planned maintenance, 20% Projects and Upgrades and 20% offering customer support.
Health and Safety
· Duty of care for yourself and others.
· Sound knowledge of all health and safety and environmental legislation
· Accountable for role modelling safe working practices and behaviours.
· Responsible for the proactive reporting and escalation of health and safety issues and concerns as appropriate aiming for 0 work related ill health & accidents together with 90-100% audit compliance
· Deliver at least 1 SHER “Toolbox” talk per period to mentor and train customers or colleagues on SHER issues
· Supervise the safety, compliance and appropriate training of contractors as and when applicable
· Complete and document 10 Safety Observations annually
· Ensure detailed Risk Assessments and “Safe Systems of Work” compliance is completed for all engineering tasks
Technical performance and management
· Maintain and Improve Customer Equipment to achieve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
· Implementation of root cause analysis tool to eliminate reoccurring reliability issues
· Achieve planned maintenance completion against a target of 95%
· Ensure all Customer Reports are completed and Issued in a timely manner
· Assist in the development and implementation of customer-based projects
· Ensure all spare stocks are up to date on customer sites and in the Northampton workshop and liaise with suppliers to order spare parts as required
· Follow the principles of continuous improvement when planning work; Look at how engineering delivery can improve in both the “what” and the “how.”
· Work with Engineering team leader on costing, planning and implementation of projects and ensure that all site engineering standards are followed.
· Ensure that plant machinery used for products at client sites is legally compliant and that mandatory checks and maintenance are completed within the required timeframe
· Effectively manage all hazardous systems and materials
· Mentor and train others to promote a good working knowledge of the plant machinery
· Record all plant breakdowns, scheduled preventative maintenance and project work using maintenance management system
· Record all spends against engineering budgets. Look for cost savings to achieve reductions objective
· Attend all training courses provided. E.g. Welding course, LOBO system. Leading for safety,
Team Work and Communication
· Ensure effective communication related to engineering and plant maintenance between all customer teams on site, colleagues, contractors and suppliers for the smooth running of work
· Provide accurate and timely information and reporting as required
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
To apply for the Mechanical Field Service Engineer role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref 53881SC by email to Simon Cutsforth : firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP Tel 01482 211155
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.