Shift Operations Manager
Salary/Rate£45,000 + Pension
Shift Operations Manager
Commutable from Brigg, Caistor, Doncaster, Gainsborough, Grimsby, Hull, Lincoln, Market Rasen, Newark, Retford, Scunthorpe, Wragby
Salary and Benefits: £45,000 + Pension
- Opportunity to join an ambitious company in a rapidly expanding market
- Lots of recent capital investment in site improvements and new machinery
- Further Investment planned over the next few years
- Work in a state of the art modern manufacturing environment
My client is a market leading company who operate in a specialist market who supply to a wide array of different industries. The site has recently been expanded and is full of modern state of the art technology and machinery. They are a modern thinking company and have plans to expand and grow in the coming years.
You must have the following:
- Must have experience working as an Operations or Senior Production Manager within a Manufacturing or FMCG background
- Must be a strong character and be able to implement changes and improvements
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent people-management skills
- Must have the ability to lead, motivate and train staff
- Must have experience of working to KPIs
- Must have a pro-active approach to Health and Safety and be up to date with legislation
- Must have experience of GMP
- All manufacturing backgrounds will be considered for the role including Packaging, Plastics, Food, Steel, Recycling, Pharmaceutical, Process
The position will be working on a 4 on 4off shift pattern including days and nights working a 6-6 shift pattern.
Main Purpose of Job:
To lead and take responsibility for one of four shift operations team. To take accountability for five key metric areas for the shift: EHS, quality, service, finance (yield & labour costs) & people (engagement, training and attendance)
. To fundamentally and proactively deliver short and medium time frame objectives against each metric through engaging with the line/shift team.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
· To promote a strong EHS culture: lead by example
· To demonstrate an engaging but challenging leadership style
· To actively own the asset care programme for the chosen asset group
· To promote team engagement in the structured performance improvement project
· To closely work with the CI team to optimise plant/asset performance
· To create a structured communication process for the shift (shift huddles etc.)
· Timely completion of all relevant safety Near Miss reported issues.
· To activity participate in the departmental audit process: EHS,GMP.5S.
· To ensure optimal shift flexibility through appropriate operator/shift engineer training programmes (demonstrated via an appropriate training matrix)
· To ensure budgeted agency/overtime spend is delivered in line with the flexible shift
· To ensure shift surveillance is delivered including T/L
· Completion of all safety, operations, quality, process & reporting related documentation to a high standard of accuracy & legibility.
· Timely completion of all relevant Quality related or Customer complaint reported issues.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.